CricBuzz – About
CricBuzz is an Indian cricket news website. Times Internet owns CricBuzz. It features articles, news and live coverage of cricket matches. This includes scorecards, videos, text commentary, team rankings and player seats. This website also provides a mobile app. CricBuzz is one of the most popular mobile apps for cricket news and scores in India.
CricBuzz – Founders And Team
Pankaj Chhaparwal, Piyush Agarwal and Pravin Hedge are the creators of CricBuzz.
- Pankaj Chhaparwal is the founder and the CEO of CricBuzz. He is working here from the beginning itself. Till today it’s been 16 years and 7 months. He pursued his education from L D College of Engineering, Gujarat University.
- STAR has taken Piyush Agarwal. He pursued his education from the Indian Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University.
- Pravin Hegde is the co-founder and CTO at CricBuzz.
- Sarah Waris is the Freelance Contributor at CricBuzz. She joined the company in March 2019.
- Abhideep Das is the Content Strategist and the Senior Producer at CricBuzz. Before he was the Creative Producer – Digital Content of Kolkata Knight Riders. He was also an Editorial Consultant at Bayside Media Private Limited.
CricBuzz – Startup Story And History
The three Infosys former employees created the company. The names are already mentioned above. In November 2014, Times Internet, a subsidiary of Times of India acquired a major stake in CricBuzz. In January 2015, Times Internet owned GoCricket. And merged it with CricBuzz. GoCricket’s website was redirected to CricBuzz. The GoCricket mobile app also got merged with CricBuzz. In August 2015, CricBuzz sponsored the India – Sri Lanka test series.
CricBuzz – Business Model
The company sales the scores of the matches. It sales to On-Mobile which has got a relation with different mobile operators. Under this, users do get the latest live score updates for a charge. This is the primary source of their income. Other than this source, the company runs various advertisements over it’s platform. This thing also brings a source of revenue generation for the company. The company is in a partnership with InMobi for monetization of mobile advertisements.
CricBuzz – Revenue Model
Advertisements are something very common from which the companies usually earn. Other than this there’s also a way from which CricBuzz earns. The display of the CricBuzz scores on hike messenger. Hike messenger must have paid a lot to the company for the streaming of scores for its users. Thus, by creating this value for users, a kind of self-promotion is made to its customers. It also earns by sending the cricket scores to the Telecom operators. They send messages to their consumers to make them know the live cricket scores. Google AdSense is an important factor here.
CricBuzz – Achievements
In October 2019, the company was ranked as 406 globally. It was ranked as 40 in India by Alexa Internet. The site was the 7th most search site in India for the year 2014. The mobile app has over 100 million downloads and more for October 2019. The website was used by more than 50 million users all over the world. It generated 2.6 billion page views in January 2015. Unbelievable!
CricBuzz – Competitors
The top competitors of the company are the International Cricket Council, ESPNcricinfo, Cricket Exchange and Onecricket.
- The International Cricket Council is the world governing body of cricket.
- ESPNcricinfo is a sports news website only for the game of cricket.
- Cricket Exchange provides its users with the fastest Live scores. With accurate Odds and Session and everything. It keeps the users in touch with cricket.
- Onecricket is something more than fantasy sports. It’s the best platform to follow cricket games, compete with your friends, and showcase your cricket knowledge.
CricBuzz – Growth
During the 2015 World Cup. CricBuzz was the most used cricket score website for cricketing news and updates. The company also received a massive number of visitors during the World Cup at a time. It was the most desired destination of all the cricket lovers on mobile with over 1 billion visits during the World Cup alone.
There was a possibility. There is a possibility. And there will always be a possibility to pump up money through cricket. Pitches are always the first priority in this aspect. Now we see advanced synthetic pitches. These are used for shorter formats. A tinge of grass and sponge pitch is required for bowlers. This kind of thing will make the sport more interesting than before. Of course, it needs deep and strategic planning. Games are suspended due to rains. Soon, there will be closed roof stadiums to avoid the most annoying part of live cricket.